Okanagan College is happy to announce a brand new TUITION FREE Trades program starting in March 2017.
IMAGINE A JOB WHERE YOU GET PAID TO LEARN!
The TRADE UP-Construction Trade Program has openings for 10 youth (15-30 yrs old) in Revelstoke.
You Get: …
- 12- week training program in a variety of trades: Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Construction Craft Work and more.
- 12 weeks living allowance while you are training $10.85/hr
- 13 weeks of wages while you participate in a work placement $10.85/hr
- Certificates including Occupational First Aid Level 1, Fall Protection, WHMIS, and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Boots, hard hat and safety gear
- A fast track into your choice of trade in the booming trades industry
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Not on Employment Insurance (EI)
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Legally entitled to work
The program is 25 weeks long. March 6-August 31, 2017. Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:30pm. Okanagan College is taking names for an interest list. Please contact 250-837-4235 ext. 6500 to get on the list.
Don’t delay, space is limited to 10 participants.