IMPORTANT NEWS FOR GRADE 12 STUDENTS
TRU’s new Creative Non-fiction Contest is a chance to win one year of free tuition and publication in a literary journal—but only until Dec. 15, 2016.
Until December 15, 2016 anyone in Canada eligible for admission to the first year of any Thompson Rivers University program will have a chance to win one year’s free tuition—the equivalent of about $6,800 and publication in a new TRU literary journal.
Contest Rules: Contestants can be any graduate of a Canadian high school who qualifies for admission to a TRU program of their choice starting September 2017 or January 2018, who can fulfill the following requirements.
- Contestants must submit a self-written creative non-fiction essay of a maximum of 2,500 words on the broad topic of “The Human Experience” to TRU via an attachment to an email to email@example.com before the deadline of 11:55 PM December 15, 2016.
- Submissions must not have been published before and must be entirely the original work of the submitter.
- Submissions must be a readable and printable document. Please keep a copy as submissions will not be returned.
- Submissions must be typed, double-spaced, and include a cover sheet with the submitter’s name, contact details (phone, email, address), high school name and location from which the submitter is expected to graduate or will have graduated from by September 1, 2017, date of birth, a 100-word biography on the writer, essay title and word count.
- Pages following after the cover sheet must be numbered, display only the title of the essay and must not include the submitter’s name or personal details.
TRU is dedicated to helping everyone seek, find and live their potential through diverse and unique learning paths. This is one of those paths. We hope students graduating or graduated from your high school, choose to explore it. We are promoting the contest across Canada and look forward to reading many excellent submissions.
Visit tru.ca/writingcontest to learn more.
Good luck to your students!