In order to graduate with a Dogwood Diploma, every student in the Graduation Program has to pass certain basic courses at the grade 10-12 level:
B.C. Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma)
The B.C. Certificate of Graduation, or Dogwood Diploma, is awarded to students who successfully complete the provincial graduation requirements. To graduate, students require at least 80 credits total.
Of these 80 credits:
- 52 credits are required from the following:
- Physical and Health Education 10 (4 credits).
- Science 10 (4 credits), and a Science 11 or 12 (4 credits).
- Social Studies 10 (4 credits), and a Social Studies 11 or 12 (4 credits).
- A Math 10 (4 credits), and a Math 11 or 12 course (4 credits).
- A Language Arts 10, 11, and a required 12 course (4 credits required at each grade, 12 credits total).
- An Arts Education 10, 11, or 12 and/or an Applied Design, Skills, and Technologies 10, 11, or 12 (4 credits total).
- Career-Life Education (4 credits), and Career-Life Connections (4 credits).
- At least 28 credits must be elective course credits.
- At least 16 credits must be at the Grade 12 level, including a required Language Arts 12 course.
In addition, students must also complete three Provincial Graduation Assessments in literacy and in numeracy.
Other Useful Links:
For more extensive information about graduation planning use the 2018-2019 Dogwood Planner and 2018-2019 Grad Planner from the BC Ministry of Education:BC Ed Grad Planner (.pdf)
Dogwood Planner (.pdf)
Or you can go directly to the Ministry website:Graduation – BC Education