The Educational Facility Managers Association of British Columbia was pleased to offer five $1,000.00 bursaries to graduates of the 2018/2019school year. Our association is comprised of administrative and management personnel of school districts who are responsible for construction, maintenance and custodial services, etc.
These bursaries are offered to secondary students completing their grade 12 year who will enter a recognized post-secondary educational institution in the 2019/2020 term. Bursaries will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement and/or special needs.
Preference will be given to students entering the fields of engineering, architecture, or building technology. Should there not be suitable applications received in these fields, students in other courses of study will be considered, however, all applicants MUST be dependents of school district employees in the school plant area (i.e. Maintenance or Custodial).
RE/MAX Bursary Program
This year RE/MAX is offering (16) $1,000 bursaries for a total of $16,000 to grade 12 students.
This program was established by RE/MAX of Western Canada to recognize the success and ongoing pursuits of Western Canadian students in regards to leadership and community contribution initiatives. Students can enter online at www.remax.ca.
2019 Quest for Excellence program is open for submissions from September 10, 2018 until midnight March 11, 2019. Only online entries will be accepted.
BCPVPA Student Scholarships
The BC Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association annually awards up to 20 scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each, to students who are graduating from the BC public school system and will proceed to a post-secondary institution.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved for the sons and daughters of BCPVPA members.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved to other graduating students.
- Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded to Aboriginal students.
All applicants will be judged on academic excellence and demonstrated leadership within the school and community.
Click here to get more information and to download the application form.
Credit Unions of BC Bursary Program
Click here for more information about the Credit Unions of BC Bursary Program
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrollment and transcripts are required.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post-secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school.
- Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical, or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
- Credit Union members are eligible for up to 2 awards per year.
The New Relationship Trust Foundation assists First Nations students in BC to achieve their educational goals and supports First Nations language revitalization initiatives on an ongoing basis.
Scholarships and Bursaries are available to First Nation students pursuing a post-secondary education from a recognized institution.
Click here for more information about the New Relationship Trust Foundation.
Click the link below to read about the 2018 Monsanto Opportunity scholarship:
Monsanto Opportunity Scholarship
Deadline is May 31st, 2018
Check out all the BCIT Entrance Scholarships available to you:
Click the link below for information about the Neil Muth Memorial Scholarship:
$10 000 is available to support two to four applicants.