Clean Energy BC is pleased to offer a $1,000 student scholarship this year, which will be awarded at their Annual General Meeting on June 13th. This scholarship is for grade 12 students who are graduating in 2019.
To apply for the scholarship, students must submit a reference letter as well as a 500-word essay answering the question, “Why is clean energy important to me as a young person in BC?” The application deadline is Thursday, May 30th a
You can find more information on their website:
Click here for a .pdf with more info:
Clean Energy Student Scholarship 2019
The Association of School Transportation Services of British Columbia (ASTSBC) will award a scholarship to eligible student(s) attending an educational facility in the Province of British Columbia for the express purpose of attaining certification as a Commercial Heavy Duty Mechanic. The Association will sponsor a maximum of four (4) students at any one time. Each successful candidate may receive up to a maximum of $7,000 over the 4 years.
The scholarship will be awarded upon proof of each year’s registration as follows:
First Year $1,000
Second Year $1,500
Third Year $2,000
Fourth Year $2,500
4 Year Total $7,000
Click the link below for more information and the application form:
Click on the poster below for more information:
Click here for information about the bursaries available to students.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need
- Credit Union members are eligible for up to 2 awards per year
Click the links below for more information and the student application form:
MC College is pleased to offer our Creative Scholarship to any student graduating from High School in British Columbia who is interested in pursuing a career in the Beauty industry! This $1000 tuition scholarship gives students the opportunity to offset the cost of a post-secondary cosmetology education.
Click here for more information:
The Educational Facility Managers Association of British Columbia was pleased to offer five $1,000.00 bursaries to graduates of the 2018/2019school year. Our association is comprised of administrative and management personnel of school districts who are responsible for construction, maintenance and custodial services, etc.
These bursaries are offered to secondary students completing their grade 12 year who will enter a recognized post-secondary educational institution in the 2019/2020 term. Bursaries will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement and/or special needs.
Preference will be given to students entering the fields of engineering, architecture, or building technology. Should there not be suitable applications received in these fields, students in other courses of study will be considered, however, all applicants MUST be dependents of school district employees in the school plant area (i.e. Maintenance or Custodial).
RE/MAX Bursary Program
This year RE/MAX is offering (16) $1,000 bursaries for a total of $16,000 to grade 12 students.
This program was established by RE/MAX of Western Canada to recognize the success and ongoing pursuits of Western Canadian students in regards to leadership and community contribution initiatives. Students can enter online at www.remax.ca.
2019 Quest for Excellence program is open for submissions from September 10, 2018 until midnight March 11, 2019. Only online entries will be accepted.
BCPVPA Student Scholarships
The BC Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association annually awards up to 20 scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each, to students who are graduating from the BC public school system and will proceed to a post-secondary institution.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved for the sons and daughters of BCPVPA members.
- Up to 10 scholarships are reserved to other graduating students.
- Up to 2 scholarships will be awarded to Aboriginal students.
All applicants will be judged on academic excellence and demonstrated leadership within the school and community.
Click here to get more information and to download the application form.
Credit Unions of BC Bursary Program
Click here for more information about the Credit Unions of BC Bursary Program
Applicants who do not meet the following criteria are not eligible for a bursary.
- All applicants must have a demonstrated financial need.
- Proof of enrollment and transcripts are required.
- Applicants must be BC residents who are Canadian Citizens, a permanent resident of Canada or designated as a protected person.
- Applicants must be in attendance at a public Canadian post-secondary school when the application is submitted.
- Applicants attending accredited private schools will only be considered if the program is not offered at a public school.
- Applicants must provide a statement as to why they are not attending a public school and provide a receipt for tuition.
- Programs of study may be academic, vocational, technical, or technological.
- Graduate and post graduate students are not eligible.
- Credit Union members are eligible for up to 2 awards per year.