Attend a Rotary funded opportunity in Ottawa!
What does it mean to be a Canadian? How does our government work? Gain an understanding of your country. Meet the leaders and the decision makers. Meet other young Canadians!!
It all takes place in Ottawa, Ontario from May 1 to 4, 2016, hosted by the Rotary Club of Ottawa and host families.
It is open to senior high school students, who must be Canadian citizens or landed immigrants between 16 and 18 years of age before May 01, 2016.
Some of the selection criteria:
- excellent academic standing
- leadership ability
- community service, with an emphasis on non-school related volunteering
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant between the ages of 16 and 18. (Students must be 16 before May 01).
- a short essay, approximately 250 words, on What does being a Canadian citizen mean to you? This essay will be shared by the applicant at a local Rotary meeting to help with selection. The successful applicant will include their essay with their application form to Ottawa.
- Feb 15th: Essay due
- Feb 18th: Present at Rotary meeting