Camp Ignite is a four-day camp that educates and inspires young women to follow their dreams.
The camp is open to girls in grades 11-12 (ages 16-18), and gives them an introduction to the world of firefighting. Each girl will learn about fitness, nutrition, health and teamwork.
Click here for more information:
Head into the mountains with a certified hiking guide this summer.
Go to www.wildsight.ca/gowild for more details.
Hey Grads! Your Online Post-Secondary Institution (PSI) Selections for 2017 are due next week!
Graduates are encouraged to complete the Online PSI Selections Form if they are applying to a PSI this school year.
Click here a .pdf with more information.
Note the deadline dates for students to make their selections:
- Interim deadline is May 4
- Final deadline is July 14
If you have a great photo of you and your friends at RSS, the yearbook staff wants to make you famous!
Here’s how you can share your photos with the yearbook staff:
-Visit Mr. Wilson in the library with photos on a USB Stick
-Follow these steps to use Office 365 to share photos:
- Using the OneDrive app on your phone or a desktop computer, log in to your school account.
- Create a folder using OneDrive (Office 365) and call this folder ‘Photos-YourLastName 2016-2017‘
- Share this folder with Mr. Wilson (Jeff)
- Place your photos in this folder using the largest file size possible.
Looking for a way to volunteer and help your community?
The Revelstoke Youth Soccer Association (RYSA) is recruiting volunteer coaches for our Spring Season (Starts last week of April until end of June).
In previous years, many high school students have coached or assisted with coaching.
RYSA will provide free coaching course certification for people ages 16 and older, and we need coaches for all age groups: U4, U5, U6, U8, U10 and U13.
RYSA is also recruiting referees (Referees are not a volunteer position and they are paid for their work)
Interested students can visit our website www.revsoccer.com or email email@example.com.
Please send us your feedback on the Tech Summit at RSS!
The survey can be anonymous, but if you provide your name, you will be entered in a draw for one of two $50 gift certificates at The Source.
Here is the link to the Office 365 form that students can access without using their username / password:
If you’d like, please use the QR Code below…
MONDAY FEB 27th at 7 pm – DOORS OPEN AT 6:30 pm.
The workshop will be held at Sangha Bean Cafe (NOT at the Community Centre as originally planned).
Click here for more information.
Click here for a list of presenters and more information about the RSS Tech Summit.
Click here for more information about the UBC Summer Science Program. Or here.
The UBC Summer Science Program is a one-week cultural, health and science program for Indigenous students going into grades 9-12.
The program promotes interest in health and science programs through firsthand experience at the University of British Columbia.
Great opportunities to meet new friends, eat great food, connect with Elders and role models, and enjoy fun, laughter and learning.
Okanagan College is happy to announce a brand new TUITION FREE Trades program starting in March 2017.
IMAGINE A JOB WHERE YOU GET PAID TO LEARN!
The TRADE UP-Construction Trade Program has openings for 10 youth (15-30 yrs old) in Revelstoke.
You Get: …
- 12- week training program in a variety of trades: Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Construction Craft Work and more.
- 12 weeks living allowance while you are training $10.85/hr
- 13 weeks of wages while you participate in a work placement $10.85/hr
- Certificates including Occupational First Aid Level 1, Fall Protection, WHMIS, and Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
- Boots, hard hat and safety gear
- A fast track into your choice of trade in the booming trades industry
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Not on Employment Insurance (EI)
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Legally entitled to work
The program is 25 weeks long. March 6-August 31, 2017. Monday to Friday 9:00am to 3:30pm. Okanagan College is taking names for an interest list. Please contact 250-837-4235 ext. 6500 to get on the list.
Don’t delay, space is limited to 10 participants.