Click on the image below to download a .pdf of this presentation.
The StokeYouth Network has compiled some information for students looking for things to do during Spring Break:
Check out this calendar:
You can also check out these options:
- City of Revelstoke – Parks & Recreation programming
- Okanagan Regional Library – Drop in activities in Revelstoke
- Child Care Resource Referral – Spring Break Camps
- Revelstoke Mountain Resort – Spring Break Camps
- Junior Naturalists – Spring Break Camp
- Revelstoke Museum & Achieves – FREE entry throughout spring break for all school-age youth
- *March 23rd @ the Nordic Centre – FREE country trail pass & rentals for all school age youth
- *March 30th @ the Aquatic Centre – 2 for 1 Swim for all school age youthYouth Access Fund Info 2016
Also please remember that the Youth Access Fund is available for youth from low and modest income families to participate is sports, recreation, Arts & cultural events/programing though out the year, (see attached details).
Students should return the signed forms to their Block 5/6 teacher as soon as possible. Courses will fill up quickly.
With Parent/Teacher conferences in the evening, RSS will observe a special schedule on March 10th:
8:45-9:45 Block 3 (60 minutes)
9:45-9:50 Passing Time (5 minutes)
9:50-10:45 Block 4 (55 minutes)
10:45-11:10 Nutrition Break (25 minutes)
11:10-12:10 Block 5 (60 minutes)
12:10-12:15 Passing Time (5 minutes)
12:15-1:10 Block 6 (55 minutes)
1:10-3:10 Non-Instructional Time
7:00-8:30 Parent-Teacher Conferences
The Educational Facility Managers Association of British Columbia is pleased to offer four $1,000.00 bursaries to graduates of the 2015/2016 school year. Our association is comprised of administrative and management personnel of school districts who are responsible for construction, maintenance and custodial services, etc.
These bursaries are offered to secondary students completing their grade 12 year who will enter a recognized post secondary educational institution in the 2016/2017 term. Bursaries will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement and/or special needs.
Preference will be given to students entering the fields of engineering, architecture, or building technology. Should there not be suitable applications received in these fields, students in other courses of study will be considered, however, all applicants MUST be dependents of school district employees in the school plant area (i.e. Maintenance or Custodial).
Application forms, available from your school Counsellor, or your district’s Maintenance EFMABC member, are to be completed in full and submitted to:
EFMA BC Bursary Committee
Richard Renault, Co-Chair
School District #61 Greater Victoria
491 Cecelia Road
Ken Janzen, Co-Chair
School District #37 Delta
7189 Brown Street
The deadline for receipt of Bursary applications is April 30, 2016
Click the links below to download application forms and more information and then look in your downloads folder on your computer for these Word documents.
Here is the information from BCIT regarding their entrance scholarships:
2016 – 2017 BCIT ENTRANCE AWARDS
We are pleased to announce that the following Entrance Awards are available to students who are planning to attend BCIT in an eligible program commencing April 1, 2016 to March 31, 2017.
- Up to 25 BCIT President’s Entrance Awards, available only to current Secondary School students
- Valued up to $4,000 each.
- Deadline: August 5, 2016
- Over 86 additional BCIT Entrance Awards
- Valued up to $4,500 each.
- Deadlines: August 5, 2016 and January 6, 2017
Download the complete Entrance Awards package directly from our web site at bcit.ca/finaid, or click the links below:
For more information, please feel free to contact BCIT Student Financial Aid & Awards.
BCIT Student Financial Aid and Awards
Building SW1, Room 2132
3700 Willingdon Avenue
(604) 432 – 8555
Here it is!
The block rotation for exam week is posted on our RSS Calendars. The day schedule for exam week features a few slight changes:
- Class Exams (AM Blocks): 8:45-11:00
- Provincial Exams: 8:45am-12:00pm
- Class change for year-long/electives courses: 9:50-9:55
- Extended Lunch: 11:00-12:25
- Classes are at their regular time after lunch: 12:25-3:10
Thursday afternoon and Friday (all day) are Project Completion Days.